ANNOUNCING OUR NEW ONLINE AUCTION SYSTEM!
OAS 2.0 will be launching soon!
We value our customers.
We’ve heard your suggestions and are excited to announce a new online auction system (OAS2.0)
offering improved functionality for you as a buyer or seller.
WHEN WILL YOU START TO SEE CHANGES?
• Pre-bidding on new system will begin as early as July 1, 2016.
• Clicking on the “Enter Auction” button for these auctions will link you to the new auction system.
• New Look, New Feel – Same Simple Process to Bid!
YOUR ONLINE AUCTION ACCOUNT:
• Your online auction account (user name and password) will be transferred to the new system.
• Same user name and password should allow you access.
• Any changes made to your online account after 6/24/16 will not be transferred (password, address or preference changes).
• Additional features will be introduced in the near future for your online auction account, such as: seller portal, easy transition between auction sites once logged into your online account, etc.
• NOTE: You will need to register a credit card for each site you wish to bid on. For security reasons and for your protection, the credit card registered with your online auction account is not accessible for us to transfer.
WILL THE “OLD” SITES STILL BE AVAILABLE?
• Yes. Information for auctions completed prior to 7/3/16 will be available for up to 6 months.
REMINDER & UPDATES: AUCTION TERMS, PAYMENT METHODS, BUYER’S PREMIUM DISCOUNTS, GIFT CARDS:
• Reminder to refer to auction terms for auction specific terms including payment and removal deadlines, buyer’s premium rates, special conditions, etc. Terms vary greatly between auction sites and individual auctions!
• If an auction offers a discount on buyer’s premium with qualifying payment types (ie: cash, wire transfer, etc.); the invoice is required to be paid 100% with the qualifying payment types in order to receive any discount. Example: if invoice total is $100.00 and $50.00 is paid in cash and $50.00 paid with credit card, there would be no discount on buyer’s premium for any portion of the invoice.
• Gift Cards are considered a credit card type payment and therefore do not qualify for a cash discount on buyer’s premium (if offered).
CREDIT CARD PROTECTION & PAYMENTS:
• As always, the online auction system is secured and does not store any credit card information you enter on your account. The information is encrypted at the time of entry and not accessible.
• If auction terms/company offer online payment, you will have option to pay with credit card you registered with or add a new card to your account to make an online payment.
• For the protection of your credit card accounts, our representatives will no longer have access to process a one-time payment to an alternate credit card over the phone.
• You may add and remove credit card(s) to your account as needed to make online payments, leaving you in control of the credit card accounts associated with your online auction account.
FURTHER PROTECTIVE METHODS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS:
Due to several attempts by individuals to use stolen credit card to pay and/or attempts to pick up items that belong to another buyer, these protective methods will be put in place effective 8/1/16:
• A thumbprint from person picking up items will be obtained for every invoice picked up regardless of payment type.
• Invoices paid with a credit card will require a photo ID to be presented at time of pickup.
• If buyer pays an invoice with a credit card, and arranges for items to be shipped (with carrier of their choice), the transporter picking invoice/items up will be required to present a printed shipping document with the delivery address. If the delivery address is not the same as the address associated with the credit card used for payment, the auction company will contact the buyer for further clarification.