Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about our online repo auctions?
See some of our Frequently Asked Questions about our online repo auctions below! If you have a question & are not seeing it below, please Contact Us today! We will have someone be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Registering for our auction site is easy. Click Here to begin the registration process.
- Proceed by filling out all the blank spaces that have the “red star” next to them. Do this for all 3 of the steps.
- Once you have finished the registration process, you have access to over 35 different auction sites. These can be accessed by clicking on the drop down menu “View more on these sites” in the top right corner on each auction site. Discover everything from online repo auctions to real estate auctions on all of the Miedema Company sites!
- First, log into your account by clicking on the “Login” link. If you don’t have an account yet, click on the “Register” link and create an account.
- Once you are logged in, enter the auction of the item that you would like to bid on. Click on the item to view the product page. On the right side of the page is a blue box stating “Place Bid”. Enter your bid in the box next to that and click “place bid”. And there you have it! You’ve bid on one of our online repo auctions!
A maximum bid is a bid that can be placed during the pre-bidding stages or during the auction itself. A maximum bid allows you to place a bid for the most amount of money you are willing to pay for an item. A maximum bid doesn’t jump directly to the amount you bid, instead it jumps one bid increment ahead of the current bid. This allows you to be the highest bidder at the lowest amount until your maximum bid is reached.
Pre-bidding is a feature that all Online-Auction Software (OAS) websites have. It is a feature that allows you to bid on items before the day of the auction. These bids are placed not knowing what the current bid on the item is. You will have to place your maximum bid for each item that you bid on. This is a nice feature to use if you are unable to place a bid on the day of the actual auction.
The “freeze” button is only visible when you are the high bidder, and you have a maximum bid in place. This button is a helpful feature that can be used if you type in a bid incorrectly. If you are trying to bid $100 on a item, but you mistakenly bid $10,000 on the item. Clicking the “freeze” button would stop your bid from auto bidding until your max bid of $10,000. You are still able to rebid on the item with the correct bid that you would like to place.
The Inspection of items can be done at any of our locations during our normal business hours. Click to view business hours.
Payment methods that DO NOT qualify for the 3% discount on Buyer’s Premium
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards (Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express)
- Personal Check or Company Check* – Payable to Repocast.com
Payment Methods that DO qualify for the 3% Discount on Buyer’s Premium
- Cashiers Check – Payable to Repocast.com
- Wire Transfer
PLEASE NOTE: Personal or Business check DO NOT qualify for the 3% discount.
- Payment of $10,000+ with cash, or specific forms of payment (cash, money order, cashier’s checks with a face value of less than $10,000.00 each) which combine for a total of $10,000+ will require completing the IRS 8300 form. A cashier’s check with a face value of $10,000+ will not require the IRS 8300 form.
- There is a 3% discount on the buyer’s premium only when the invoice is paid in full with Cash, Cashier’s Check or Wire Transfer. This discount does not apply to payments made by Credit/Debit Card, Personal or Business Checks.
- Personal or Business Checks will be processed through TeleCheck ECA service which converts a paper check into an electronic item at the point of sale. The voided check will be returned to person presenting upon approval of electronic fund transfer. Please confirm that your bank allows ECA processing prior to presenting a Personal or Business Check as a form of payment.
- If you forget your Username, our Customer service team can help you retrieve it and get you back into your account. You will need to be able to verify a few things about your account for us. Contacting our customer service team at 1-616-261-4088 is a great place to begin.
- If you forget your password, there are a few different ways that you can get a new password sent to you. The first way would be by answering the hint question and having a password sent to your email. If that solution doesn’t work for you, contact our customer service team at 1-616-261-4988 and they will be able to get you into your account.
Yes. Someone can pick up the items that you win on your behalf. Some exceptions apply.
- Photo ID and thumbprint will be scanned during every transaction at the time of pickup. We respect your privacy and we value you as a customer. The photo ID and thumbprint requirement is a security measure to document the actual person picking up item(s) from our facility. The intent of the requirement is to protect you and us, ensuring the items make it to the winning bidders.
- If you are having someone pick up a titled vehicle/trailer or camper for you, an Appointment of Agent form needs to be filled out along with a copy of the person’s drivers license that the title of the vehicle/trailer or camper will be titled in. Appointment of Agent Form
Effective 12/1/17: Repocast.com will no longer be transporting items between locations (with the exception as noted below).
BYRON CENTER (Items selling from this location):
- Repocast.com invoice is required to be paid in full prior to releasing for shipment. Payment for shipping will be directly to the carrier you select.
- The UPS Store is at the Byron Center location two times a week to package and ship on behalf of buyers. Please contact The UPS store for a quote or to arrange shipment directly to your door! Phone: 616-554-2039 | Website
- Buyer may arrange with any carrier for delivery to their door of smaller items. The carrier would be required to pick up, package and ship items on behalf of the buyer. * Buyer may arrange with any Rigger/Hauler to transport large equipment directly to their door. Click here to view a list of pre-qualified Riggers & Haulers (buyer is not limited to this list).
- Repocast.com Byron Center offers transporting large items (such as vehicles, construction equipment, etc.) to Repocast.com East Michigan Location. Click Here for qualifying items and costs.
ORTONVILLE LOCATION / WAYLAND LOCATION (Items selling from this location):
- Repocast.com invoice is required to be paid in full prior to releasing for shipment. Payment for shipping will be directly to the carrier you select.
- Buyer may arrange with any carrier for delivery to their door of smaller items. The carrier would be required to pick up, package and ship items on behalf of the buyer. o Buyer may arrange with any Rigger/Hauler to transport large equipment directly to their door. Click here to view a list of pre-qualified Riggers & Haulers (buyer is not limited to this list).
- First, the invoice/statement of this item needs to have a zero balance. You will not be able to relist an item without a zero balance on the invoice or statement.
- Once paid in full, you will go into your Repocast.com account and view the invoices/statements you currently have. You can view these by clicking the “invoices” button or “statements” button in the menu on the left side of your screen, Once you are in your account.
- When you open the invoice/statement for the item that you are trying to relist, when it has a zero balance, a button stating “request relist” will show up next to each picture.
- After you request a relist and select the auction date that you would like your item to sell on. That information will get sent to a manager for them to review and take the appropriate actions.
Checks will be written 14 business days after the auction sale is complete. Checks can be picked up on the Thursday, 14 business days after the auction from the Repocast.com location in Byron Center, MI. Checks will be mailed out the following day with a copy of the paid statement as well
When you have a question about a certain lot there is a few different ways that you can get your question answered.
- First, you can contact our customer service team at 1-616-261-4988 and they can assist you with your question.
- Second, you can look under the lot contact information and contact them with your question. This information is listed on the right side of the screen. It will have the phone number and email address of the individual who to contact if you have any questions that you would like an answer to. This will be on every lot in our online repo auctions, our weekly online auctions – really any of our auctions!
- Third, you use our “Ask a Question” feature that is shown on every lot. Just below the lot pictures is where this is located. If you click on the purple question mark (?) you will be able to submit a question that will go straight to a manager. They will contact you back via email with the answer as soon as they are able to
The majority of items are sold absolute without a reserve. If there is a lienholder or other invested party, an item may require a reserve. However, these circumstances are minimal. Due to the large number of bidders on our site, the items up for auction normally bring what they are worth, so we discourage reserves.
Unfortunately, this is not possible because any bid or pre-bid that is placed is a legal binding contract. However, if you place a bid or pre-bid you can always “freeze” your bid so there is a chance that you will not be the winning bidder of the item.
ORTONVILLE Location: accepts items valued at $400+ ONLY. Due to storage and handling requirements, we are unable to accommodate lots valued at less than $400 at this location.
- Any container marked with hazardous waste symbols, whether empty, partial or full is not allowed at all.
- Chemicals including but not limited to pesticides, lead, fuels, ect…
- Buckets, cans or containers including but not limited to Previously opened paint or oil ect…
- Any FDA Regulated Medical Equipment.
- Tear-Out construction and building items (removed windows, cabinets, counter tops, etc.)
- Baby cribs or any furniture designated for children under 4 years of age to sleep in. Used child car seats or strollers.
- Personal hygiene items including shampoos, lotions, mouthwash, powders, used or new feminine hygiene items, medicines, used hair products such as combs, brushes, curling irons, ect…, any type of undergarments.
- Used bedding, including mattress, mattress pad, mattress protector, box spring, sofa bed, studio couch, chair bed, convertible bed or lounge, pillows, bolster, quilt, comforter, cot pad, sleeping bag, or any filled or stuffed article that can be used by a human for sleeping.
- Food or anything that can be consumed.
- Particle board furniture, broken furniture or upholstered furniture that is dirty, stained or missing cushions.
- Non working washers, dryers, etc. Any appliances accepted must be cleaned out prior to delivery.
- Outdated TV’s, computers, monitors, microwaves, printers, faxes, software, stereos, VHS players and videos.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, etc.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods, including anything autographed (examples: sports cards, name-brand sun glasses & watches, etc.)
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software, CD’s, DVD’S, or other digital goods.
- Alcohol or Tobacco Products.
- Illegal weapons.
- Office Cubicles or work stations.
- Restaurant Booths (depending on condition).
- Encyclopedias, magazines & newspapers.
- Family or personal photos, videos or DVDs.
- Financial items, including old bills, mail, medical records, checkbooks, ledgers, tax papers, coins or currency of any kind.
- Empty or expired fire extinguishers (with the exception of vintage).
- Outdated tires or tires with little tread not mounted on rims that are dated over five years old.
- Used batteries of any type.
- Medical testing supplies, including any item that come in contact with bodily fluids, or any item that requires a license to sell.
- Any Obscene or Pornographic material.
- Vacation Rental/ Timeshare Properties.
- Store Return Items, Items must be complete, assembled, tested, working and valued at $50.00.
- Livestock or animals
- Migratory bird mounts or any endangered species mounts
Yes. Anyone who would like to sell items can sell them through our auction site. If you would like more information in regard to selling items, visiting our Seller Information on our website would be a great place to begin. Also, you can contact our sales coordinator Jen. Call 616-261-4988 and ask to speak with Jen regarding selling items with Repocast.com.
- The buyer’s premium is a fee that is applied to the bid amount of each item that you win. The amount of work that goes into each lot from posting it to our auction site, taking pictures for each lot and providing an accurate description. The buyer’s premium is also a taxable fee. If you would like more information on this Click Here
- The buyer’s premium is based on the winning bid amount for each individual lot within a invoice
- The amount of time you have to pick up the for Repocast.com auctions is 8 Business days. If you win an item on our weekly Thursday auction, then you would have until the following Saturday to pay and pick up the items you won.
- However, this does depend on the auction. If you view the terms of the auction it will show this information for each individual auction. It will include the inspection times, payment and pickup times as well.
- If you win one or multiple items on auction you will get emailed an invoice that shows what items that you won, and the final price for all the items you won combined.
- Along with this, it is possible to adjust the preferences for your account. You can choose when you get emailed and how often. If you get outbid on an item, you can choose to receive an email showing that you were outbid. There are many different options when to receive an email notification. This is a feature that needs to be changed within your account preferences.
Yes, there are always multiple people that are available to help you load your items. If there isn’t anyone immediately available to help with loading items, there is not a long wait time for someone to become available to help you. We have the capability to load a wide variety of items.
Removing items from your watch list is easy to do. The process of removing items from your watch list is as followed. First you need to be viewing your watch list, then once you are viewing your watch list there will be a green eye icon that shows on every lot you are watching. If you click that green eye icon it will turn it to a red eye icon. That is what you will need to do to every item that you would like to remove from your watch list.
All Michigan Tax Exemption claim forms need to be e-filed through your Repocast.com online account.
Steps to complete:
- Log into account
- Click account in upper right corner
- Under buying section, click invoices (for one-time form) OR tax exemption claims for a blanket form.
- Complete form fully. It will not save if all fields are not completed.
- Click sign and save button.
To comply with Michigan Sales Tax Exemption claims, this is the only way to fill out a form and for our companies to remove tax! Thank you for your patience and understanding through this transition!